The bedrail has two main functions: to prevent you from falling out of your bed and provide support when you get in and out of bed.
Whichever one you choose, here are some excellent reviews and tips on choosing the best bed rail for your specific purpose.
Bed Rails and Who Should Use Them
A bed rail for elderly persons is an excellent idea to help them get in and out of bed and prevent them from falling out of bed, which can be extremely severe with older persons.
Although a senior person may be hesitant about a bed rail at first, they will soon come to love the additional support and protection, especially with some of the latest models and brands available today.
On the contrary, besides seniors, I would highly recommend a bed rail for any person with poor strength, decreased flexibility, poor balance or endurance, or mobility difficulty.
There are some superb advantages to having a bed rail for senior persons;
- You are safer in bed and will not fall out.
- It is easier to move while you are in bed.
- You can easily sit up from lying down with the aid of a bed rail.
- You can easily change from a seated to a laying down position.
- There is a handhold when you stand up out of bed or get in.
- The bed rail promotes independence in older people.
Choosing a Bed Rail for Seniors
Choosing the best bed rail for seniors mostly depend on their limitations and support requirements;
- Sturdy – A good bed rail needs to be sturdy and hold at least around 200-350 lbs. Aluminum and steel are two excellent metals that provide durable and sturdy support.
- Comfort – Look for a comfortable design or something with some padding for the person to hold on to when getting in and out of bed. Also, remember that grip is important to look at the design with this in regard.
- Easy To Clean – Accidents and messes happen, so you also want a design that is quick, easy to clean, and that does not require extensive maintenance.
- Additional Extras – Extras such as padding, and storage pcokets always comes in handy for seniors.
- Secure Fit – Ensure that the rail system offers a stable and secure fit to the bed that will not buckle or slips off.
Features of a Good Bed Rail for Seniors
- Strong Steel or aluminum frame.
- Fits most bed types.
- It easily slides under your mattress.
- Securing straps for a safe fit.
- Weight capacity of 200-350lbs.
- Cushioned or padded for comfort.
- Comfortable high grip handle.
- It easily folds up in some models for portability and storage.
- Easy tool free assembley.
Reviews: The Best Bed Rails for Seniors
these are some of the top selections in protective and safety bed rails ideal for Seniors;
A two in one safety rail design that offers padded comfortable support and safety rail in one.
- Fits any standard sized bed easily and comfortably.
- A padded two in one safety rail for comfort and support when needed.
- Single-step release design so you can easily lower or raise the rail.
- No tool for easy installation.
- Adjustable design to fit your specific bed type.
A durable and adjustable hand grab bar and safety rail for seniors from Vaunn.
- Ideal for fall prevention and mobility independence in older persons and individuals who struggle with mobility.
- A heavy-duty powder-coated steel frame that is strong and sturdy with a weight capacity of up to 250lbs.
- Slip-resistant foam pads in the handle and horizontal stabilizer bars.
- Modern universal design that will fit most bed types easily.
- Easy tool-free assembly and easy to clean design.
A supportive safety rail from Stander that is also portable for use when traveling.
- The full-sized cushioned handle allows for easy transfer in and out of your bed.
- Made with Aircraft Grade hardened and anodized aluminum weighs less than 2lbs but can hold up to 3300 lbs.
- Collapsible and portable taking up very little space.
- It comes with a four-pocket organizer for storage and a No-Slip Grips safety strap to secure the rail between the mattress and the bed frame.
An adjustable, padded, and slip-resistant state rail for elderly persons from Medical King.
- Safe and comfortable bed support made from Slip-resistant materials with a removable and padded handle for a more comfortable grip.
- Durable and portable design for easy traveling made from heavy-duty steel that can collapse flat.
- It offers a universal fit for all bed types.
- Very easy to clean and assemble.
The Medline Bed Assist is an adjustable and easy to operate and assemble bed rail that slides under your mattress.
- An easy to use steel rail that slides under your mattress and allows for safe assistance getting in and out of bed.
- The strap allows for a secure and sturdy fit.
- You can place the safety bar on both or either side of the bed.
- Very quick and easy tool-free assembly and easy to clean.
- The Height is fully adjustable as well as the legs and grip bar.
- Designed to resist slips and offer better grip and stability.
The Invacare has a new reduced gap full bed rail system, eliminating the bed arail gapail.
- A full-length cross brace bed rail with less spacing between the crossbars.
- It is made from chrome-plated welded steel.
- The self-adjusting spring braces in the crossbars snap into place easily, so no tools are needed for assembly.
- Reduces the space between the bed and the rail for a safer sleeping position.
- Sturdy and durable design for optimal support.
The Drive Medical Adjustable bed Rail is sturdy and durable for seniors of all sizes and weights.
- A very simple to use design with a handle and assist that you slide underneath your mattress.
- It comes in three easy to assemble pieces, and no tools are necessary.
- There is no slip foam on the baseboard for increased stability and security.
- The Bedrail also folds flat for easy storage.
The Regalo Swing Down is a double-sided bed rail and guard for seniors with a reinforced anchor safety system.
- The Regalo is a Swing Down Double-Sided bed rail and guard in one.
- It offers assistance to get in and out of bed and prevents you from rolling out of bed.
- It is swift and easy to set up with no tools required.
- The design is lightweight yet very sturdy and durable.
The Vive Bed Rail has an easy-grip handle to help you get in and out of bed daily.
- The Vive Bedrail is adjustable for fall prevention and has a long handle.
- It is lightweight and durable, with a stabilizing bar for assistance.
- There are no tools required for assembly, and it is quick and easy to set up.
- The handles have a non-slip comfortable design that is padded with soft non-slip foam.
- Dream On Me brings you their mesh security rail for children and adults.
- The rail will offer assistance getting in and out of bed and preventing rolling off the bed.
- The Mesh is breathable and sees through.
- The bedrail also comes in quite a few color options from which you can choose.
Index Table: Top Rated Bed Rails for Seniors
|1||Carex Easy-Up - Bed Rail for Seniors||Carex||97.2|
|2||Vaunn Medical - Adjustable Bed Rail for Senior Individuals||Vaunn||97|
|3||Stander Econorial - Bed Rail for Elderly Persons||Stander||98|
|4||Medical King Home - Adjustable Bed Rail for Seniors||Medical King||98|
|5||Medline Bed Assist - Bed Rail for Seniors||Medline||96|
|6||Invacare Premium - Bed Rail for Older Individuals||Invacare||97|
|7||Drive Medical Adjustable - Height Adjustable Bedrail for Seniors||Drive Medical||97|
|8||Regalo Swing Double Sided - Bedrail for Seniors||Regalo Swing||96|
|9||Vive Bed Assist - Seniors Bed Rail||Vive||97|
|10||Dream On Me Mesh - Security Rail for Seniors||Dream On Me||97|
Table of Contents
- Bed Rails and Who Should Use Them
- Choosing a Bed Rail for Seniors
- Features of a Good Bed Rail for Seniors
- Reviews: The Best Bed Rails for Seniors
- Carex® Easy-Up Bed Rail for Seniors
- Vaunn® Medical Adjustable Bed Rail for Senior Individuals
- Stander® Econorial Bed Rail for Elderly Persons
- Medical King® Home Adjustable Bed Rail for Seniors
- Medline® Bed Assist Bed Rail for Seniors
- Invacare® Premium Bed Rail for Older Individuals
- Drive Medical® Adjustable Height Adjustable Bedrail for Seniors
- Regalo Swing® Double Sided Bedrail for Seniors
- Vive® Bed Assist Seniors Bed Rail
- Dream On Me® Mesh Security Rail for Seniors
- Index Table: Top Rated Bed Rails for Seniors