At Senior Grade, we take our product testing and rating seriously. We put each product through its paces so that you can make an informed decision before making your purchase. But how do we test and rate products? Let’s take a closer look.
A Little Bit About Us
It’s a little-known fact that not all products for seniors are created equal. Some have better quality, some have better usability, and others might even have additional safety and comfort aspects. We at Senior Grade believe in giving you the best of the best when it comes to comfort and convenience – we review all sorts of products from top brands and even those who are new in the market but have efficient products. Keep reading to know more about how we accomplish this.
The Review Process: How We Shortlist the Products
The process of shortlisting products is a challenging task. There are so many choices, brands, styles, prices that it can be overwhelming to find the right one.
But, we’ve done the hard work for you!
Our experts take the time to research the best suppliers, find any potential issues with quality or price and then hand-pick what we think are the highest quality items available at that time. They will help guide your purchase as you decide on which products are right for you!
Here’s a sneak peek of the process the products have to go through in order to get a spot in our lists of best ones.
- Tried and Tested: We get the products, we try them on, we test them in suitable environments, and we share the results with you. Sometimes, we get the products for free from the sellers or brands, and sometimes we purchase them to check if they stand true to their claims.
- Window Shopping: We also go to stores and check out the design and feel of the products to observe and compare what they claim to deliver without actually buying them.
- Third-Party Reviews: Sometimes, the brand owners share the products with third-party reviewers who can test the products in much better environments, like testing shampoos on elderly hair, or getting real feedback for lightweight walker for seniors. This simply helps us to test products to their limits.
- Online Digging: Whenever we are unable to get the products in our hands, we dig through the internet, from the brand websites to e-commerce stores and even online reviewing platforms, to fetch genuine reviews from real people to bring you the most honest feedback of the products.
Moreover, all general information, including health-related advice and precautions, is thoroughly sourced from credible websites and certified practitioners.
For What Features We Test the Products
All products that appear in our lists go through the scrutinization of a strict process.
- Nutrition – We researched how good these products in providing nutrition and supporting users body.
- Ease Digestion – We noticed how effectively these products improving digestion naturally.
- Consistency – We checked if the products offer good consistency for the convenience of the users.
- Flavor – We noticed that the products have a delicious flavor and are filled with low sugar.
- Packaging – We checked how outstanding the packaging would protect the products from bacteria and other things.
- USDA Certified – We checked if the products have been grown and manufactured in a sustainable and safe way.
- Immune support – We analyzed how beneficial these products are in supporting the immune system for healthy body functions.
- Antioxidant – We researched how effective the products are in providing strength against illness and fighting free radicals.
- Price – We checked the products affordability having good quality.
- Multivitamin – We researched how effectively the products are in providing extra nutrients and boosting energy.
- Bone Strength – We observed how good these products are in supporting bone health and promoting energy production.
- Sharpness – We observed how extremely effective the products are at cutting cleanly with their sharp blades through toenails and fingernails.
- Easy Grip Handle – We took note of how easy for the users to use its handle without causing damage or accidents to the toe and toenail.
- Rust-resistant – We analyzed how effectively the product’s material resists rust.
- Durability – We researched how long users are able to use these products without any reported changes in their quality or design.
- Support – We checked how well the products provide support to the user’s feet and help maintain better alignment.
- Comfort – We checked how the product was comfortable and safe when used.
- Slip Resistant – We assessed how the products could prevent the feet from slipping on smooth surfaces.
- Moisture-Wicking – We observed how dry or sweaty the products left our feet after continuously wearing them for 12 hours.
- Hypoallergenic – We observed how the products are likely to trigger an allergic reaction.
- Maintenance – We researched how long users are able to use the products without any reported changes in the quality and how easy was it to clean.
- Size – We compared different sizes of the products and came up with the most comfortable and effective.
- Anti-Fatigue – We took note of the level of tiredness our feet felt with the different products we tested.
- Cushioning – We compared the cushioning provided by the products.
- Reduce Swelling – We researched how effectively the products reduce swelling on the feet.
- Diabetic Friendly – We checked if the socks are safe and beneficial for people with Diabetes.
- Moisturizing – We checked how effectively the products help moisturizes skin, prevents and soothes irritation, and leaves the user feeling super fresh.
- Flake-Free – We assessed how the products effectively eliminate flaky and scalp irritation, which leaves the user’s head fresh and moisturized.
- Softness – We compared the level of softness of different products.
- Elasticity – We checked how beneficial the elasticity of the products was in improving blood circulation and breathing.
- Quality – We researched how long users are able to use the products without any reported changes in the quality or design.
- Pressure Relief – We checked how good the products are in providing optimal alignment and pressure relief.
- Design – We analyzed the design of the products to see if it is soft and comfortable to use.
- Quick-Drying – We observed how quickly the products dry after getting wet.
- Portability – We checked how easy and portable to carry the products.
Why Should You Trust Us?
We provide the most honest reviews
We bring you the best products in the market
We share information that’s true to the best of our knowledge
At Senior Grade, we try and test all kinds of brands and types of products to confidently say that we know which ones are worth your time (and money).
Trust us – when it comes to finding the best products for seniors out there, we know what we’re talking about! Whether you’re looking for a portable shower, board games, or panic buttons for elderly, we’ve got you covered.