Choosing an adjustable bed for seniors persons is not quite like choosing any standard bed type; there are many more things to consider besides size and mattress type.
Adjustable beds come in many sizes, split options, different adjustability settings, and other luxury and advanced features.
The Adjustable Bed and Its Functions
The Adjustable bed is not just a comfortable bed that you sleep on but has various functions, mainly being able to adjust to different positions that you can rely on.
Here are a few functions that you may find in most adjustable bed brands and models;
- Head Tilt – Some adjustable beds have the ability to slightly tilt the top head part, which greatly improves breathing when you sleep and which can eliminate snoring and acid reflux.
- Sitting Position – Most adjustable beds adjust into a sitting position that can again be lowered when you would like to sleep.
- Zero Gravity – Some Adjustable bed models can adjust into almost any position imaginable and even into A Zero Gravity position, which improves blood circulation and relieves pain.
- Massaging – Some adjustable bed models come with massaging or vibration setting for a comfortable and soothing massage.
- LED Light – There are also some models and brands of adjustable beds with an Led or another type of light underneath the bed that you can use to illuminate your room.
- USB Ports – Most adjustable beds come with a handy USB port which you can use toi charge your electronic and mobile devices.
Tips for Choosing the Best Adjustable Beds for Seniors
Luxury adjustable beds are fast becoming a trendy option for individuals who want to improve their sleeping experience, and especially for elderly individuals who tend to struggle with mobility.
Here are some excellent characteristics that you should look for when choosing an adjustable bed;
- Motor – The motor of your adjustable bed is the most important as this runs and operates the adjustability function and other functions. Always look for a good quality motor that will be durable and runs smoothly without noise.
- Operation – Most adjustable beds are operated with a remote control. As a senior, make sure that you understand and easily use the remote or operating device without hassle.
- Mattress – The mattress is what you will be sleeping on and should provide most of the comfort and support you need. I highly recommend a Gel-infused memory foam or regular memory foam mattress, as this is the most durable, comfortable, and easiest mattress type to use with an adjustable bed.
- Waranties and Services – Ensure that you understand the warranty given with your bed and if it covers all the parts and ensures that you can get a hold of spare parts easily without having to break the bank.
Features of a Good Adjustable Bed for Seniors
- Different Adjustability settings from Sitting to Lying Flat.
- Zero Gravity Positions.
- Head Tilt position to eliminate snoring.
- Frame only or mattress included.
- Different size options as well as a Split size option.
- Comfortable Memory Foam and Cooling Gel Mattress.
- Sturdy and Durable Frame.
- Easy remote Controlled Operation.
- Built-In USB charging ports.
- LED under Bed Lighting.
Reviews: The Best Adjustable Beds for Seniors
These are the top brands and models in adjustable beds that are perfect for use by senior individuals;
An adjustable bed base that you can use with your adjustable mattress of your choice for seniors.
- Available in different bed size options and with or without a mattress, headboard, or headboard brackets only.
- Ergonomic design with programmable elevation levels as well as head and foot massage options.
- Offers TV, PC, and zero-gravity positions and a 65-degree head elevation setting.
- Convenient and easy to use with a wireless remote.
- It comes with a USB port for you to charge your mobile devices.
A programmable adjustable bed for seniors that can be purchased with an under bed light and massage option.
- Choose between a variety of sizes and the option of massage or under bed light, or both.
- Different adjustable positions as well as Zero Gravity positions.
- Alleviates pressure and reduces pain in elderly persons.
- Anti-Snore design which raises the head slightly, so airways are more open.
- Intuitive and straightforward backlit button controls and pre-set and programmable options.
- Universal modern design and style to suit any home décor.
These adjustable pillows offer you a much more affordable and portable option to have an adjustable sleeping position in any bed using a few simple pillows.
- A four-piece pillow system adjusts the way you sleep or sit up in bed easily, offering therapeutic support.
- Includes a back scoop, scoop cradle, headrest, and knees rest pillow for optimal support.
- The pillows consist of soft and durable foam with a washable bamboo cover.
- These pillows are also portable and much more affordable than an adjustable bed.
A Plush and a comfortable adjustable bed that offers zero gravity positions and a dual massage option.
- Different size options available and a king-sized split option so that beds can be adjusted separately.
- Adjsuts to Zero Gravity Positions.
- Comes with an 18 button remote and an emergency power-down feature.
- Interactive dual massaging function for full-body vibration and multiple levels of massage.
- There are under-bed LED lights, and the remote is also backlit.
- Preset options and many levels of adjustability to choose from.
A voice-controlled adjustable bed from Glideaway.
- It comes in different bed size options as well as a king-sized split option.
- Control the bed with the sound of your own voice as it uses Alexa and Bluetooth modules to function.
- Full range of positions and inclines as well as a stand by mode.
- A wall-hugging and space-saving design for smaller spaces.
- Anti-snore sleep enhancement technology and four-wave modes to choose from.
- Available with an optional elevation kit that allows you to tilt the entire bed.
We have this luxury adjustable memory foam bed with comfort cooling gel and a massage function from Leggett and Platt.
- Available in different sizes and split size options.
- An adjustable bed with head tilting and wall-hugging technology.
- Heavy-duty steel frame and a comfortable and cooling Gel Memory foam mattress.
- Comes with an 18 button wireless remote, built-in USB port for charging devices as well as under-bed LED lighting.
Index Table: Top Rated Adjustable Beds for Seniors
|1||Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort - Adjustable Bed Base for Seniors||Classic Brands||98|
|2||Yaasa Luxe Programmable - Adjustable Bed for Senior Individuals||Yaasa Luxe||97|
|3||Avana Kind Orthopedic Support - Adjustable Bed Pillows for Elderly Persons||Avana Kind||98|
|4||Sven & Son Split King - Adjustable Bed for Seniors||Sven & Son||98|
|5||Glideaway Vesta - Adjustable Bed for Seniors||Glideaway||96|
|6||Leggett and Platt Adjustables - Adjustable Bed for Older Individuals||Leggett and Platt||99|
Table of Contents
- The Adjustable Bed and Its Functions
- Tips for Choosing the Best Adjustable Beds for Seniors
- Features of a Good Adjustable Bed for Seniors
- Reviews: The Best Adjustable Beds for Seniors
- Classic Brands® Adjustable Comfort Adjustable Bed Base for Seniors
- Yaasa Luxe® Programmable Adjustable Bed for Senior Individuals
- Avana Kind® Orthopedic Support Adjustable Bed Pillows for Elderly Persons
- Sven & Son® Split King Adjustable Bed for Seniors
- Glideaway® Vesta Adjustable Bed for Seniors
- Leggett and Platt® Adjustables Adjustable Bed for Older Individuals
- Index Table: Top Rated Adjustable Beds for Seniors