The Walk-In tub has a comfortable design with a watertight door that allows you to walk in and out of your bathtub rather than having to climb into it.
Many seniors have mobility problems and may struggle to get in and out of a tub. This limits them to shower only, which may not be as enjoyable and comfortable as a relaxing hot bath.
The Walk-In Tub is the ideal design for easy in and out for elderly persons who may suffer from restricted mobility. Yet still, desire a soak in their bathtub.
The Walk-In Tub
The Walk-In Tub provides a safe therapeutic benefit for seniors with limited mobility.
Soaking and relaxing in a bathtub can be very beneficial to seniors and help to relax and ease sore muscles and improve blood circulation.
This experience can be hindered when older individuals are no longer able to climb into and out of their bathtubs. Therefore the Walk-In Bathtube may be the answer that you are looking for.
The Walk-In Bathtub is explicitly designed to make seniors and disabled individuals’ lives better and easier. Most Walk-In Bathtubs come with many other safety and comfort features to improve the overall bathing experience and make it much safer and easier to use.
Other than The Walk-In Bathtub, you can also opt for a Walk-In Bathtub Conversion kit, which allows you to convert your bathtub into a walk-in design.
Some Considerations Concerning Your Walk-In Bathtub;
- Basics – Any Walk-In Bathtub has a watertight and hinged door built into the side of the tub, giving you a much lower threshold step over when entering and exiting your bathtub. The size and type of Walk-In Bathtub you choose will depend largely on your bathroom layout and spacing.
- Quality – Make sure that your Walk-In Bathtub comes with a Leakproof warranty or seal of approval. Opt for well-known and trusted quality brands.
- Size of the Tub – Walk-In Bathtubs will vary in size and shape, so make sure to measure the space of your old bathtub; extension kits are available if needed. Most bathtub spaces are around 60 inches in length, and most standard Walk-In Bathtubs do, however, come in this size.
- Door Options – The Door on the Walk-In Bathtub usually has an inward opening door that is either on the left or right size. Though I would instead look for an outward opening door if you are in a wheelchair or handicapped, as they are much easier to enter and exit.
- Tub Types – The most basic Walk-In Bathtub Type is the soaker tub, but you can also get a therapeutic tub such as the whirlpool tub with water hets that offers a relaxing massage with bubbles and air jets.
- Fast Filling and Draining – One of the greatest Drawbacks of the Walk-In Tub is that the bather needs to sit inside the tub and stay inside as the tub fills and drains. So, for this reason, you need a tub with fast-filling Faucets and fast-draining Pump Assiteted drainage systems.
Pros and Cons of a Walk-In Tub for Seniors
Before you decide to invest in the Walk-In Tub in your old age, here are some pros and cons to consider to make your decision more informed;
Pros of The Walk-In Bathtub
- You can enjoy much deeper water depth because the design is not limited to size for climbing and out of.
- Other comfort features include water jets and bubbles for Therapeutic comfort and relief and features such as heated seating and chromotherapy lighting.
- Walk-In Tubs are generally much safer and prevent slips and falls in older individuals. Most models come with built-in handrails, contoured seats, anti-slip flooring, and even a lower step for easy entry and exit.
- Some models have wider doors and designs to accommodate individuals in wheelchairs easily.
- Some mode s and brands also come with a scald prevention valve, which prevents burning.
- Many Walk-In Tubs come with combined features, so you do not need to purchase additional extras and attachments.
- Hydrotherapy, which is massaging water jets and soaking in a warm tub with your favorite bath salts, can significantly improve seniors’ health. This can also reduce aches and pains, improve circulation, and speed up the healing of certain health conditions in older people.
- Most Walk-In tubs don’t take much more water than a standard tub as they are usually narrower in size; thus, the water use is quite comparable.
- One of the greatest issues with the Walk-In Tub is that the bather needs to sit inside the tub while it fills up or drains before you can open the sealable door.
- Temperature exposure in this Bathtub is done immediately as the tub fill while you are inside it, so you cannot adjust the temperature first.
- Installation costs of your new Walk-In tub can be quite hefty, and the Walk-In Tub itself is not a cheap buy, yet it is still a necessary and very functional, and safe investment.
- The time it takes to fill and empty the Walk-In tub may cause the water to become colder while you are still inside the tub.
- There is always a chance of accidental flooding if the sealable door opens by accident or is not closed properly.
Features of a Good Walk-In Tubs for Seniors
- Size – The size should be right for the tub space you have available and for the layout of your bathroom.
- Safety – Look for additional safety features such as a non-slip surface, low step for entry, sealable doors, rail to hold on, and a comfortable seat with a non-slip design.
- Fill and Drain System – Look for a fast-filling Faucet and a pump design drain system.
- Therapeutic Features – Water Massaging Jets and Hydrotherapy, along with Chromotherapy Lighting and heated seating, are all additional comforts and therapeutic characteristics of a Walk-In tub.
- Tub doors – The doors must come with some form of warranty or acceptance seal of approval for their watertight sealing capabilities. The Door can swing either inward or outward, with outward being more desirable for individuals in wheelchairs.
Reviews: The Best Walk-In Tubs for Seniors
These are the best and safest Walk-In Tubs for elderly individuals;
The Mecor Walk-In Tub is a Whirlpool therapeutic Walk-In Tub with massaging jets and a Right Door or Left Door Design Option.
- Choose between a right door or a left door design option in the Mecor Walk-In Tub.
- This is a luxury-designed Therapeutic WEhrilpool Walk-In tub with two water jets and one handheld showering wand, as well as a design that allows you to submerge up to your shoulders in the water.
- It is made from high-quality materials durable with a high gloss gel coating and easy-touch push-button controls for the jets.
- Also, it has a premium designed fast-fill faucet and a polished chrome fast drainage drain system.
- There is an overflow and safety grab bar for your security and safety.
- Reliable sealing in the doors will prevent any water spillage in your bathroom.
The Aqua Acrylic Walk In Tub has a fast-fill system as well as a fast drainage system so you can enjoy your Walk-In Bath without these two primary concerns.
- A Whirlpool therapeutic design that has Jets for a massaging experience and comfort.
- There is also a heated seat additional option that you can choose from in the designs.
- A 2 ADA compliant two grab bars for safety, as well as a textured floor to prevents slips, and also two removable front access panels s for safe and easy in and out of your Walk-In tub.
- It has a rugged stainless steel frame that can handle the extra weight with nine adjustable leveling legs.
- Cast in Acrylic with a high gloss finish that is easy to clean, gel coated, and fiberglass-reinforced.
This is an easy tub to Shower and Walk-In Tub conversion kit that is ideal for seniors and disabled persons for easier accessibility.
- A conversion kit with step-by-step instructions and all the parts you may require.
- Convert your tub into a walk-in shower quickly and easily with this conversion kit.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Ideal for older individuals and those who are disabled.
Another excellent addition from Mecor is their Rectangular WalkIn Tub design, a soaking bathtub only with a built-in seat.
- A rectangular soaking Walk-In bath Tub has a left inward opening door for easy access and a shallow threshold.
- There are two stainless steel grab bars for your safety and easy access, as well as a slip-resistant floor while sitting or standing in the bathtub.
- Comfortable shower system, with two water jets, a handheld showering wand, and a wide seat.
- Submerge yourself into the water up to your shoulder with a handy comfort pillow top for your head.
- Reliable sealants are used in the door to prevent water spillage.
- Made from fine quality durable materials and gel coated with a high gloss finish.
Not quite a Walk-In Bathtub but rather a bathtub and shower door for your Walk-In Bathtub or Shower.
- You can use a sliding door on your Ins Shower Bath Tub, or Walk In Bath Tub, converting your bathtub into a handy shower as well.
- Double sliding design that moves without noise and with ease.
- It comes with durable accessories for easy installation and a long stainless steel door handle.
- The clear tempered glass is thick and ANSI certified for safety and quality that will not shatter.
The Empava Walk-In Tub is a fantastic design for elderly persons and a white neutral color option.
- The Empava is a freestanding walk-in bathtub; this one is the larger size option.
- It has a glossy white acrylic finish and a durable frame.
- There is a left sidewalk extra wide door.
- The tub comes with all accessories pre-installed and already drilled in.
The Energy Tubs Store offers you their Whirlpool massaging Walk In Tub complete set with faucet.
- A whirlpool design massaging walk-in bath for seniors.
- The bath can be selected in the right or left drain option.
- It has massaging jets and a fast-draining system.
- The tub comes with all accessories, and the faucet is included.
- There are support and a warranty for a lifetime on this specific model.
A gorgeous Glossy White Walk-in tub for seniors that is ideal for any home style.
- This is the smaller single-seated Empava design.
- The freestanding bathtub has a low step and an integrated seat inside.
- It has a glossy acrylic finish and secure construction.
- You get your bathtub with all the trimmings already added and attached.
We have a right door walk-in tub from Ove Decors with a safety design and a power drain.
- The Eloise is a 60-inch right sidewalk-inn bathtub.
- It has a safe design and a quick-draining Power Drain system.
- There is an additional stylish chrome faucet with a handheld shower wand.
- It also comes with a comfortable chair height built-in seat and grabs the bar, ideal for seniors.
- The heater function inside the bath maintains warmth for longer soaks.
This model from Energy Tubs is a single-seated unit in the left or right drain options.
- The Energy Tubs Walk In Bathtub has a therapeutic soaking design.
- It has a right-drain, comes in a white neutral color option with an additional faucet set.
- This is a complete set with all the accessories that you need.
- You can also select between the left-drain or right drain option.
Index Table: Top Rated Walk-In Tubs for Seniors
|1||Mecor Whirlpool - Senior Walk-In Tub||Mecor||98.3|
|2||Ellas Bubbles Deluxe - Walk-In Tub for Older People||Ellas Bubbles||98|
|3||Step-Through Tub-To-Shower - Walk-In Tub Conversion Kit for Elderly Individuals||Step-Through||97|
|4||Mecor Rectangular - Senior Walk-In Tub||Mecor||98|
|5||Sunny Shower Semi Frameless - Walk-In Tub and Shower Door for Older People||Sunny Shower||97|
|6||Empava 53 Inch - Walk In Tub for Seniors||Empava||97.5|
|7||Energy Tubs Store Luxury - Walk In Tub||Energy Tubs Store||96|
|8||Empava EMPV - Senior’s Walk In Tub||Empava||97|
|9||Ove Decors Eloise - Walk In Tub for Seniors||Ove Decors||97|
|10||Energy Tubs Walk-In - Therapeutic Walk In Tub for Seniors||Energy Tubs||97|
Table of Contents
- The Walk-In Tub
- Pros and Cons of a Walk-In Tub for Seniors
- Features of a Good Walk-In Tubs for Seniors
- Reviews: The Best Walk-In Tubs for Seniors
- Mecor® Whirlpool Senior Walk-In Tub
- Ellas Bubbles® Deluxe Walk-In Tub for Older People
- Step-Through® Tub-To-Shower Walk-In Tub Conversion Kit for Elderly Individuals
- Mecor® Rectangular Senior Walk-In Tub
- Sunny Shower® Semi Frameless Walk-In Tub and Shower Door for Older People
- Empava® 53 Inch Walk In Tub for Seniors
- Energy Tubs Store® Luxury Walk In Tub
- Empava® EMPV Senior’s Walk In Tub
- Ove Decors® Eloise Walk In Tub for Seniors
- Energy Tubs® Walk-In Therapeutic Walk In Tub for Seniors
- Index Table: Top Rated Walk-In Tubs for Seniors