A Calendar clock is an outstanding invention for elderly persons with Alzheimer’s or Dementia or those that are just more forgetful.
The Calendar clock can be a visual aid or have a sound that speaks the day, date, and time as a reminder for elderly persons or just when needed.
However, there are a few considerations when choosing the best calendar clocks for the elderly, which we will get into further.
Benefits of a Clock with the Day and Date for the Elderly
What time is it? And What Day is It? are questions that you may come here from an elderly loves one more than once a day, which can be frustrating for them and you.
For people with Alzheimer’s or Dementia, the calendar clock is more than just a convenient device; it’s almost necessary to help an elderly person not lose track of time.
Series memory loss in older adults can cause them to easily lose track of time and get caught up where they have no idea as to the time or date they are in at that moment.
This type of confusion may also lead t significant stress and disorientation in an elderly individual.
An elderly person may also need to manage their time, for example, do certain activities in certain parts of the day, take medication, remember a loved one’s birthday, and many more.
A calendar clock, depending on the brand, can help an elderly person keep track f time and remember certain things, dates, and times with an alarm setting that acts as a reminder for performing certain activities.
It gives a senior a sense of independence and control over time and helps them lose track of time easily.
Types of Calendar Clocks for Seniors
There are a few types of clocks that fall under the Calendar Clock category;
- LED Clocks – This type of calendar clock is ideal for visually impaired seniors as it has an extensive and bright display on a contrasting background.
- Talking Calendar Clocks – For elderly persons with poor or no vision, a talking clock is ideal. The voice on the clock will give you the time and date when a button is pressed, or even a voice command is given. It may also be set with reminders throughout the day.
- Day Calendar Clock – The day clock is basically a calendar clock that emphasizes the date, month, and day of the week along with the time, and whether it is evening, morning, or afternoon as an added benefit.
- Basic Calendar Clock – A basic calendar clock displays the time and date with the day of the week depending on the brand and model. It is a more clear and simplistic design.
Features of a Good Calendar Clock for the Elderly
- Battery Operated or Electrical Clock – Firstly you get electrical calendar clocks that need and electrical outlet to operate, or calendar clocks that work with batteries, that need to be recharged or replaced. Battery clocks are very easily portable and to move around however the battery may go flat, causing confusion for the elderly person. Whereas, electrical calendar clocks stay put in an are without the risk of a flat battery.
- Large Display – The display on the clock needs to be clear and large enough for an elderly person to see with solid and thick letters and numbers and contrasting backgrounds.
- Hanging or Desk – You will also have the option f a clock that can sit on a desk or one that hangs on the wall. The design will depend on where the elderly person will most clearly see the clock and where it is most likely to be seen regularly.
- Alarm Features – the calendar clock can come with alarm features for wake-up time daily, or that can be set reminders for certain activities.
- Adde Features – Some calendar clocks have a dimming function, especially the Led screens, for night time use. Others may have voice activation that will Cleary say the date and time or speak reminders for persons with impoverished vision.
Reviews: The Best Calendar Clocks for the Elderly
Here are our top choices in Calendar Clocks that re ideal for elderly persons;
- From the Jall store, we have a very stylish and elegant-looking Calendar clock for seniors that can be placed on a desk or mounted on a wall.
- It has a large screen display with high resolution.
- There are multiple alarm settings for reminders.
- There is also an auto-dimming option.
- The Clock shows the date and the time and is available in a few color options.
- The Raynic Calendar Clock is the perfect design for elderly individuals.
- It has an 11.5-inch large LED display and is also dimmable should it be needed.
- The clock is adjustable in brightness and also shows day, date, and time.
- It has an alarm function for reminders and also shows indoor and outdoor temperatures as an added extra.
- From DayClox, we have their trendy calendar clock for the elderly.
- It has an original memory loss digital calendar and day clock with large non-abbreviated day and month displays.
- The clock is perfect for seniors who have dementia and more severe memory loss.
- It is ideal for standing on a desk or mounting on your wall.
- The design is also stylish and perfectly suits most home décor.
- This is the newest version of the American Lifetime calendar and day clock for seniors.
- The clock displays the date and time for visually impaired seniors and can spell them out.
- It also has multiple alarm functions for daily reminders.
- There are quite a few options available.
- As you can see, the display is apparent and bright with a colored frame.
- From Pipishell, we have their premium calendar clock that is perfect for elderly individuals.
- The display is extensive and clear with a high resolution.
- There are two color display options and an alarm function with five daily reminder alarm settings.
- The clock also speaks in eight languages for those with poor vision.
- The clock has an auto-dimming function and comes in more color options.
- For seniors with poor vision, this is a talking calendar clock.
- The clock has a touchscreen talking design that speaks and shows the date and the time.
- It also has 8 alarms that can be set during the day,
- There is a full battery back up if the power goes out.
- You can also fully adjust the volume on the calendar clock.
Index Table: Top Rated Calendar Clocks for the Elderly
|1||JALL Upgraded - Calendar Clock for the Elderly||JALL||98.7|
|2||Raynic Digital - Calendar Clock for Seniors||Raynic||98|
|3||DayClox The Original - Calendar Clock for the Elderly||DayClox||97.6|
|4||American Lifetime New Version - Calendar Clock for the Elderly||American Lifetime||97.9|
|5||Pipishell Premium - Calendar Clock for the Seniors||Pipishell||97.1|
|6||iGuerburn Talking - Calendar Clock for the Elderly||iGuerburn||97.5|
Table of Contents
- Benefits of a Clock with the Day and Date for the Elderly
- Types of Calendar Clocks for Seniors
- Features of a Good Calendar Clock for the Elderly
- Reviews: The Best Calendar Clocks for the Elderly
- Index Table: Top Rated Calendar Clocks for the Elderly