Calcium and Vitamin D are the two most essential minerals your body needs for bone strength and development and healthy teeth.
Calcium and Vitamin D significantly decrease as you age, and your diet may not supply the needed amounts.
Therefore taking the best available Calcium and Vitamin D supplements as you age is crucial.
Do Seniors Need More Calcium?
Yes, older people most definitely need more Calcium.
It would be best if you took a Calcium supplement from an early age and even more so when you get older.
Your diet supplies only around a third of your daily amount of required Calcium, which is similar to your Vitamin D requirement.
Vitamin D and Calcium go hand in hand, and as you will see, almost all Calcium supplements also contain vitamin D.
Vitamin D and Calcium are vital for proper Bone strength and your teeth’ health, and as you age, the strength of your Bones and your teeth tend to deteriorate, making a Calcium supplement quite crucial.
Choosing the Right Calcium Supplement
Choosing the right Calcium is quite easy, there are two types of Calcium, and then there is the added Vitamin D;
- Calcium Citrate – Calcium Citrate is one of the Calcium forms that are the most easily absorbed and can be taken with or without a meal. Calcium Citrate is ideal for seniors who get bloated easily or who have constipation.
- Calcium Carbonate – Calcium Carbonate is a cheaper calcium calcium usually found in Rolaids and TUMS. Calcium is sourced from Oyster shells and corals, which you should not take if you have a Shellfish allergy.
- Vitamin D – Ensure that vitamin D or Vitamin D3 is added to your calcium supplement in the amount of 400IU or more, which is adequate for seniors.
Features of a Good Calcium Supplement for Seniors
- High Potency – A good Calcium supplement should have anything from 400MG and more calcium as your daily requirement as a senior adult is around 1000MG.
- Vitamin D3 – Vitamin D3 is added to all calcium supplements to aid with the absorption of Calcium.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is also a great additional Vitamin in Calcium supplement for its immune support and aiding in the abruption of Calcium.
- Addatives – Some Manufacturers may add other Minerals such as Magnesium and vitamins to a calcium supplement for enhanced nutritional value.
Reviews: The Best Calcium Supplements for Seniors
Here are some of our top choices in Calcium Supplements for seniors;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Caltrate Mini contains vitamin D3 and minerals, and the small size is straightforward to swallow by older persons.
- The Caltrate Calcium tablet is a high-potency calcium tablet for seniors.
- These tablets also contain Vitamin D3 as well as other minerals.
- The small size of the Caltrate Mini makes it much easier for seniors to swallow.
- There are also different quantity options that you can choose from in this brand.
Nature’s Bounty is a natural Calcium supplement that also contains Vit D3.
- A high potency calcium supplement containing 600mg of Calcium and Magnesium.
- Vitamin D3 is added, which increases the absorption of Calcium.
- The product contains natural elements and ingredients and is ideal for women after menopause.
- You can enjoy a month’s supply with Nature’s Bounty option.
The Doctor’s Best Calcium supplement is a complex supplement that helps to densify bones and teeth.
- Ideal for an older adult who suffers from brittle and fragile bones and teeth.
- The supplement comes in a 180 tablet container.
- The composition is complete with Calcium Complexes and minerals to help with absorption.
- It also contains Magnesium, Vit D3, zinc, copper, manganese, and Vitamin C.
The Viactiv is a chewable calcium tablet that comes in 180 tablets per container.
- It contains High potency Calcium as well as Vitamin D for better absorption.
- The bottle contains 180 tablets that are Chewable and easy for seniors to chew.
- Each tablet is individually wrapped for freshness for taking with you on a trip.
- The Chew is chocolate flavored and delicious to eat.
Citracal is an excellent calcium supplement for seniors.
- A Calcium Citrate with added Vitamin D3.
- It comes in a set of two bottles with 280 Capulets each.
- A leading calcium brand that is well trusted.
- Perfect for seniors and adults.
The Naturelo Calcium Supplement is plant-based and contains additional minerals and vitamins.
- A completely plant-based calcium source.
- It contains added vitamins and minerals for better absorption.
- Free firm gluten, soy, and GMO’s.
- Ensures good teeth and bone health.
The New Chapter Calcium supplement has added Vitamin K and D and Magnesium.
- Clinical strength calcium tablets.
- Vitamins and minerals are added for better calcium absorption.
- Ideal for bone strength and teeth.
- Comes in different amount options.
Index Table: Top Rated Calcium Supplements
|1||Caltrate Mini’s - Calcium Supplement for Seniors||Caltrate||98.7|
|2||Nature’s Bounty Calcium - Senior’s Calcium Supplement||Nature’s Bounty||98|
|3||Doctor’s Best Bone Maker - Calcium Complex Supplement for Seniors||Doctor’s Best||97.8|
|4||Viactiv Calcium Plus - Calcium Supplement for Older People||Viactiv||98|
|5||Citracal - Senior’s Calcium Supplement||Citracal||97.7|
|6||Naturelo Plant Based - Calcium For Seniors||Naturelo||97.4|
|7||New CHapter Bone Strength - Calcium For Seniors||New CHapter||97.2|
Table of Contents
- Do Seniors Need More Calcium?
- Choosing the Right Calcium Supplement
- Features of a Good Calcium Supplement for Seniors
- Reviews: The Best Calcium Supplements for Seniors
- Caltrate® Mini’s Calcium Supplement for Seniors
- Nature’s Bounty® Calcium Senior’s Calcium Supplement
- Doctor’s Best® Bone Maker Calcium Complex Supplement for Seniors
- Viactiv® Calcium Plus Calcium Supplement for Older People
- Citracal® Senior’s Calcium Supplement
- Naturelo® Plant Based Calcium For Seniors
- New CHapter® Bone Strength Calcium For Seniors
- Index Table: Top Rated Calcium Supplements