Anyone that passes the 60-year mark, or even before that, should most definitely invest in a good Probiotic or a natural form of probiotics such as yogurts.
Though I would rather recommend the best probiotics for seniors in a supplement form as you are assured of getting the proper daily amount of probiotics without other additives and unnecessary sugars.
Why do Seniors Need Probiotics
Probiotics improve digestion and generally improve the health of your stomach and intestines. They can also help to prevent conditions such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Elderly persons generally have a lower number of friendly bacteria in their intestines than younger adults and more harmful bacteria in turn. Thus, they are more prone to gastrointestinal infections and bowel conditions, which can be prevented and alleviated with a good Probiotic supplement.
- Skin Issues – Skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, and itchy rashes may be linked to gut and digestive disturbances. All in all, it is your gut microbiomes that balance your skin condition.
- Antibiotics – Antibiotics, sometimes a life-saving measure, do unfortunately kill off a large population of the good bacteria in your gut that will need to be re-populated.
- Slow Metabolism – Persons who have a smaller variety of bacteria in their digestive system are much more likely to be obese and to struggle with a slow metabolism. Ensuring a diverse probiotic is taken regularly you can improve your metabolism, and it will help with weight loss.
- Sugar Cravings – The bacteria in your gut feed off what you eat, and some may even have a bit of a sweet tooth. Your gut bacteria may be manipulating you to eat more of a certain food to starve out their competitors in order to get you to eat what they are craving. Generally, refined foods and starches are now abundant in our daily lives, and your gut bacteria may actually be craving them out of habit.
- Digestive Irregularity – Ninety percent of your gut bacteria live in your colon, which means that they can actually affect your colon’s activity. A good quality human-strain bacterium can be very effective in regulating your bowel movements if you have been having trouble with them lately.
Do Probiotics Actually Work For Seniors
In the end, the question is, will a Probiotic actually now work for senior and elderly persons, or is it too late in life to start with Probiotic supplements.
Well, a probiotic, firstly, is one of the most important supplements to consider for seniors’ persons.
As many seniors have a disrupted healthy balance of bacteria in their gut, as well as digestive issues of many kinds, in most cases, a probiotic will definitely help.
T any age, your body can still use and absorb probiotic supplements, and when older, you especially need them as your body cannot produce them at the same rate that it had when you were younger.
Besides this, as an older adult, your diet may no longer be sufficient in providing proper Probiotic strains needed for digestive and gut health.
Features of a Good Probiotic for Seniors
- Ingredients – A probiotic needs to contain live and active bacterial cultures and atleast a 1 billion colony of forming units with the genus Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, and saccharomyces bulgaricus.
- Additives – Many probiotics are enriched with certain vitamins and minerals for your health.
- Options – You get Pre- and Probiotics in a single dose or separate. There are usually enough capsules or pill forms for a month or more doses, and some come in liquid forms.
Reviews: The Best Probiotics for Seniors
Here are the best availbe probiotic ranges specficially for seniors;
From Zenwise, we have a healthy vegan probiotic that also contains digestive enzymes and improves digestion.
- This is a probiotic and digestive enzyme that is easily absorbed.
- It contains a blend of prebiotics and probiotics for healthy digestion.
- The probiotics are immune-boosting and contain multiple enzymes for better digestion.
- It comes in different amount options from which you can choose.
The Renew Life probiotic is a 30 Billion CFU probiotic that comes in options of supply.
- This is a senior and adult probiotic with 30 Billion CFU.
- There are 30 capsules in a bottle, enough for a full-month supply.
- The probiotics are non-GMO project verified and clinically studied.
- This is a world-class strain formulated by an expert team.
From replenishing the Good, we have a slow-release daily probiotic that is also ideal for acid reflux and bloated stomachs.
- A daily probiotic to improve digestion and intestinal health in seniors and adults.
- The probiotic contains clinically researched Lactobacillus acidophilus strains, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Bifidobacterium lactis, and Lactobacillus Brevis.
- It will elevate your mood and energy levels effectively.
- Also ideal for brain and immune function in seniors.
The Replenish the Good Probiotic for ladies contains vitamins and added cranberry for your health.
- This is a 60ct, 6 Billion CFU probiotics for women.
- It also contains healthy Cranberry, D-Mannose, Vitamin D3, and yeast.
- The probiotic is clinically researched and very effective.
- Ideally suited to women’s needs in seniors.
The MaryRuth Organic Probiotic liquid can be used by adults, children, and elderly persons.
- Here we have an easy-to-use liquid probiotic that is ideal for seniors who struggle to swallow pills and capsules.
- It is 100% organic in nature and contains only organic ingredients.
- The formulation is vegan, plant-based, and non-GMO.
- It is a fully certified organic formulation.
The Nature’s Way probiotic is designed ideally for senior ladies, with 50 billion strains of live cultures.
- This is a daily probiotic with 50 Billion Live Cultures and 11 Strains,
- It comes in a bottle with a month’s supply of 30 Capsules.
- Ideal for women to prevent vaginal infections and support digestion and immune functioning.
- The probiotic has a delayed-release vegetarian capsule design.
From Dr. Matthew, we have a complete Prebiotic and Probiotic that is also ideal for weight loss.
- The ideal probiotic for seniors, adults, and teenagers.
- It contains 15 Billion CFU and is clinically researched.
- The probiotic improve your immune function and digestion and also improves gut health.
- It is also effective for weight loss.
Index Table: Top Rated Probiotics for Seniors
|1||Zenwise Health Digestive - Probiotic for the Seniors||Zenwise||98.5|
|2||Renew Life Ultimate - Senior’s Probiotic||Renew Life||97.8|
|3||Replenish The Good Daily - Probiotic for the Seniors||Replenish The Good||97.4|
|4||Replenish the Good Cranberry - Senior’s Probiotic||Replenish the Good||97.7|
|5||MaryRuth Organics Liquid - Probiotic for the Seniors||MaryRuth Organics||97.3|
|6||Nature’s Way Fortify - Senior’s Probiotic||Nature’s Way||97.5|
|7||Dr. Matthew Best Prebiotics and Probiotics - Senior’s Probiotic||Dr. Matthew||97|
Table of Contents
- Why do Seniors Need Probiotics
- Do Probiotics Actually Work For Seniors
- Features of a Good Probiotic for Seniors
- Reviews: The Best Probiotics for Seniors
- Zenwise® Health Digestive Probiotic for the Seniors
- Renew Life® Ultimate Senior’s Probiotic
- Replenish The Good® Daily Probiotic for the Seniors
- Replenish the Good® Cranberry Senior’s Probiotic
- MaryRuth Organics® Liquid Probiotic for the Seniors
- Nature’s Way® Fortify Senior’s Probiotic
- Dr. Matthew® Best Prebiotics and Probiotics Senior’s Probiotic
- Index Table: Top Rated Probiotics for Seniors