Something I have come across that is not only perfect for seniors but also for individuals who need to take medication, even just vitamins regularly, is a Pill Organizer.
Besides just making it so much easier to take medication or vitamins, a monthly pill organizer for elderly persons can help if they suffer from Detia or struggle to remember which medication to take.
Why I Recommend a Monthly Pill organizer for Seniors
Monthly, even weekly pill organizers are ideas. However, the Monthly Pill organizer just reduces the need for re-organizing medications on a regular basis.
In general, a pill organizer can be a necessity for an elderly person for these reasons;
- Memory Loss or Dementia – Seniors that suffer from memory conditions and conditions such as Alzheimer’s, dementia, or who simply just forget easily, will greatly benefit from having a monthly pill organizer which allows them to take the right medication daily without forgetting which pill to take when.
- Parkinson’s and Weakened Hands – It may also be difficult for a senior person to open medication bottles and boxes to get to their medication. In contrast, a pill organizer has an easy flip-open design, and you have access to everything you need by just opening one container.
- Travelling – A Monthly or even weekly pill organizer is ideal for traveling so that you have your medications on hand easily without having to carry around many bottles of medication.
- Easy to Use – Seniors may get frustrated and find it very difficult to keep track of when to take all the different medications, and they can lose track easily. A Pill organizer just simplifies the overall process greatly.
- Poor Vision – For elderly persons with the poor vision, it may be quite difficult to read what is on the labels of medication containers, so when a loved one helps to organize them neatly in a pill organizer, it is easier for them to know what dosages are needed and when.
- Prevents Over Use of Over Medication – All in all, a problem that I have encountered with elderly adults before is that many times they may overdose on medication because they forget or cannot read the dosages on the containers properly. These can be dangerous and cause health issues that can easily be prevented by employing a Pill organizer.
So How Do Monthly Pill Organizers Work
Generally, you get different types of Monthly Pill organizers, and you also get weekly Pill Organizers. The monthly organizer will need to be filled every month, which takes less time than refilling on a weekly basis.
On the other hand, a monthly Pill organizer is much larger than a weekly pill organizer.
The Monthly Pill organizer should at least have small containers for every day and every night of the month, and some may also have an afternoon container.
Because most medications need to be taken either once, twice, or three times a day, the Pill container needs to accommodate for this.
You place your daily medications in the small containers for day or night use and fill the entire month’s storage.
When you need to take the medication, you open a single container for the day or evening and take the necessary medications.
Features of a Good Monthly Pill Organizer for the Elderly
- Material and Construction – The Monthly Pill organizer needs to be durable and well constructed so that it will last and so that the small openings and latches will not break with regular use. A hard plastic material is usually used for monthly pill containers and also the easiest and safest to use and clean.
- Design – You get a monthly pill container with daily smaller containers, or day and night smaller containers, or morning, afternoon, and evening containers. You will need to select one according to your specific needs.
- Marking – Make sure that the days and times of day, on the container, are clearly marked, with something that will not wash off or rub off easily.
- Opening and Closure – The small flaps that you open and close to access medication need to close securely as not to slip open and lose the medication inside, but also need to open easily enough for an elderly person.
Reviews: The Best Monthly Pill Organizers for the Elderly
below we have chosen some of the best designs in Monthly pill organizers that are ideal for seniors;
- I start off with an incredible invention, and that is the automatic Pill organizer for seniors.
- This is a monthly medication organizer that has six interchangeable dosage rings and digital display.
- It has audio and visual alerts to remind you to take your medication for up to 28 straight days.
- The Organizer is extremely easy and clear to read, and to use.
- It is easy to program and set up in turn.
- The Modish Home Decor Pill organizer is a monthly pill organizer especially for seniors.
- It has 31 pill boxes with clear numbers as well as AM and PM labels for morning and evening use.
- The Pill organizer is as easy to use as a general calender for seniors.
- It is durable and the small pill containers are easy to open with generous space.
- the Stuff Seniors need Monthly Pill organizer is also a special design specifically for seniors.
- It has a convenient seven-day design with the time of the day compartments.
- The Pill boxes are stackable and very easy to use,
- they are clearly marked, and the boxes are easy to pace in your handbag for travel.
- The Yaklim Pill organizer for seniors offers an entire month of organizing.
- It has AM and PM slots for morning and evening medications.
- The organizer has easy to open slots and very visible markings for dates and times.
- The removable case has a large capacity and very durable design.
- From MedCenter we also have an excellent Monthly pill organizer for seniors.
- The pill organizer has 31 daily pill boxes that are easy to open and operate by seniors.
- The boxes are marked with red and green coloring to show you when your daily dosages are complete.
- The container consist of a durable white plastic.
- The ColorWing Monthly Pill organizer for seniors is a larger design.
- The Pill cases are very spacious and also easy to open by elderly individuals.
- The container is durable and consists of plastic.
- It is a BPA free plastic design and also eco-friendly.
- Premium quality and with colorfull indications of each day of the month, with and additional slot.
Index Table: Top Rated Monthly Pill Organizers for Seniors
|1||LiveFine Automatic - Pill Organizer for the Elderly||LiveFine||98.5|
|2||Modish Home Decor - Pill Organizer for Seniors||Modish Home Decor||98.2|
|3||Stuff Seniors Need Extra large - Pill Organizer for Seniors||Stuff Seniors Need||97.9|
|4||Yaklim Large - Monthly Pill Organizer for the Elderly||Yaklim||96.7|
|5||MedCenter 31 Day - Monthly Pill Organizer for Seniors||MedCenter||97|
|6||ColorWing AM and PM - Pill Organizer for the Elderly||ColorWing||96.9|
Table of Contents
- Why I Recommend a Monthly Pill organizer for Seniors
- So How Do Monthly Pill Organizers Work
- Features of a Good Monthly Pill Organizer for the Elderly
- Reviews: The Best Monthly Pill Organizers for the Elderly
- LiveFine® Automatic Pill Organizer for the Elderly
- Modish Home Decor® Pill Organizer for Seniors
- Stuff Seniors Need® Extra large Pill Organizer for Seniors
- Yaklim® Large Monthly Pill Organizer for the Elderly
- MedCenter® 31 Day Monthly Pill Organizer for Seniors
- ColorWing® AM and PM Pill Organizer for the Elderly
- Index Table: Top Rated Monthly Pill Organizers for Seniors