One of the best devices to get a senior person who enjoys walking is a pedometer, which will help track their progress and get more of a sense of their daily physical activity.
The best Pedometer for seniors is designed to be easy to use, with clear displays specifically for seniors.
This article will further look into some good choices for senior pedometers.
Pedometers for Seniors
A senior needs to have a routine and daily physical exercise to remain healthy and happy.
Daily routine and exercise can help the to age slower and to fight off disease more readily.
An electronic pedometer is an excellent device to help them have more control over daily activities and be a valuable aid to track progress and health signs and ratings.
What to Look for in a Pedometer for Seniors
When choosing the best pedometer for a senior person, there are a few characteristics to keep in mind;
- Ease of Use – There are many advanced pedometer designs out there, some that send details to your mobile device via an app, some that show heart rate, calories burnt, steps climbed, and walked, and many more functionalities. However, the more advanced, the more complicated it may be for seniors o use. All in all, your want and easy to use a device that mainly shows the activity levels, and maybe a few other details.
- Readability – Particularly for seniors with poor eyesight, you want a device with a large enough screen and a large display that is easy and clear to read.
- Mounting – You get a Pedometer that can be placed in your Pocket, Clipped on Your belt, or placed around the wrist like a watch. However, it will depend on the senior individual and their capabilities. A watch may be difficult for some to put on and take off, where a clip-on or pocket pedometer may be an easier choice. However, a watch is less likely to fall off or get lost.
- Security – Pedometers that save data and send them via Bluetooth to your mobile device are not the most secure option, as the data may be shared to other servers all over the world. That said, I recommend a pedometer that does not have Bluetooth but rather displays data on the device itself.
Features of a Good pedometer for Seniors
- Display – Look for a pedometer that is easy to read with clear display that will make sense to a senior individual. Stay clear of overly fussy devices with too many features.
- A 7 to 30 Day Logs – A log allows you to see your progress, which is just as important as your actual steps. Most pedometers have a logging capacity of up to 30 days.
- Calorie Counter and Activity Tracker – If you are opting for fitness and weightless, it is good to have a pedometer that measures calories and activity.
- Batteries – Pedometers come in options that use small round batteries, or that have rechargeable batteries. It will depend on your preference which to get.
- Accuracy – Your pedometer must be accurate, so you may need to check if it is tracking the right number of steps.
Reviews: The Best Pedometers for Seniors
In our list we cover all the bases, when it comes to the best available Pedometers for seniors;
The Lintelek Watch pedometer is ideal for seniors who like to go for walks or do exercises and want to track their progress and health ratings.
- This is a fitness tracker and pedometer all in one.
- It can track your steps, progress, calories burnt, and heart rate.
- The design is a smartwatch that fits comfortably around our wrist.
- The screen is large and clear with a large display for seniors.
- There are many colors from which you can select to suit your fashion needs.
The simple and easy to use 3DFitBud pedometer for walking comes with a handy clip and lanyard.
- A simple and easy to use 3D pedometer that only tracks our daily steps.
- It can be placed inside your pocket or clipped on your belt.
- The pedometer is very accurate with a large and clear display.
- There are also more color options available to you.
The iGank Simple pedometer for walking is easy to use, with a large clear screen for seniors.
- Another simple and easy-to-use pedometer for seniors to accurately track their steps with a 3D Tri-Axis sensor.
- There are no complicated settings or Bluetooth connectivity, which is ideal for senior adults.
- The pedometer easily clips to your belt or placed inside your pocket.
- It also comes in a few available color options.
The Lintelek is a smartwatch and pedometer all in one safe and easy to use seniors’ device.
- Here we have a more advanced smartwatch model and pedometer all in one.
- The smartwatch fits neatly on your wrist and is easy to put on and remove.
- It tracks your steps, progress, calorie burn, and heart rate.
- The LCD screen is cleat with a 2.5D hardness cover for protection against shattering, should it fall.
- The smartwatch allows for multiple functions for all-day activities.
- It is also available in a few more color choices for you.
The Realalt pedometer for seniors comes with a free eBook and has a 30-day memory device.
- The pedometer will accurately track your activity using the latest 3D Tri-Axis technology.
- It is effortless to step up and use with no additional functions or fuss.
- The design is smart and accurate and will record activity in any position.
- The display screen is large and easy to read by seniors.
- There are similarly a few color options in the clip-on or pocket storing pedometer.
The Letscom Pedometer and fitness tracker for seniors has a full touchscreen and is available in more color selections.
- This is a full house smartwatch and a pedometer with an extra-large LCD-TFT screen with 4 customizable display options.
- The multipurpose device tracks steps and activities, and it read progress, calorie burn, and heart rate.
- The watch slips easily on and off your wrist with a secure closure.
- It likewise has excellent battery life and uses a 210mAh battery that takes 2.5 hours to charge.
Index Table: Top Rated Pedometers for Seniors
|1||Lintelek Fitness Tracker - Watch Pedometer for Seniors||Lintelek||98|
|2||3DActive 3DFitBud - Pedometer for Seniors||3DActive||97.9|
|3||iGANK Simple - Walking Pedometer for Seniors||iGANK||96|
|4||Lintelek Smart watch - Pedometer and Smartwatch for Seniors||Lintelek||97|
|5||Realalt 3DTriSport - Pedometer for Seniors||Realalt||97|
|6||Letscom Smart Watch - Fitness Tracker and Pedometer for Seniors||Letscom||96.9|
Table of Contents
- Pedometers for Seniors
- What to Look for in a Pedometer for Seniors
- Features of a Good pedometer for Seniors
- Reviews: The Best Pedometers for Seniors
- Index Table: Top Rated Pedometers for Seniors