Have you ever considered a High Sofa for the Elderly?
They are actually more than just comfortable and easy to sit down and get up from.
They also lessen the experience of strain and muscle pain in elderly individuals, especially those who suffer from mobility issues.
So if you are looking for the best high sofa for an elderly, then you are at the right place.
Advantages of a High Sofa for the Elderly
A high sofa is a convenient and great addition to any home with an older person or two.
The High sofa is so much more comfortable and easy for an elderly person to sit down on and get up from because of the height.
A sofa is also a very comfortable piece of furniture for an elderly person to sit and relax and spend time with family or watch television.
Some sofa models also offer recline options and come with many other comforts features ideal for seniors.
Choosing a Good High Sofa for Seniors
There are so many new and old designs in sofas available today the choice can be overwhelming, but here are a few criteria’s to follow;
- Appearance – Choosing a sofa should also include choosing a piece of furniture that will perform a function and look good in your home or the home of an elderly person. Look at the color, materials, and aesthetic appeal that will blend well with your home décor. Also, keep in mind a good quality and durable sofa that will last.
- Mechanism – Consider the Recline mechanism or structure of the sofa and if it is easy and comfortable to use by an elderly person. Many sofa models will also recline and may have a kick-out footrest. Make sure that the design is safe and easy to use for an elderly person.
- Height – Make sure that the height is appropriate for the elderly person compared to their actual height. If the senior is very tall, opt for a higher design, and if they are shorter, a regular height sofa may be more suitable.
Features of a Good High Sofa for the Elderly
Choosing the best high sofa for a senior person is a delicate job because, besides the height, there are other important features to also look for;
- Cushioning and Firmness – A good sofa ned to have medium to firm cushioning for a senior. Too soft or deep cushioning can have them sinking into the sofa, which in the end will cause more joint pain and muscle issues, as well as poor posture and back pain. So, you do actually need a sofa with firmer support rather than plush cushioning. But then again, you also do not want something that is rock hard and uncomfortable.
- Seat Height – Check for a versatile seat height of at least 60 Inches in the seat and 36 inches above for the backrest. Very low seats such as Chesterfield sofas and Loveseats are not recommended. The higher seat makes it easier for an elderly person to get up from the sofa or sit down.
- Armrests – Any good sofa for a senior must have proper armrests that are paddle and stable enough for an elderly person to rest their arms on, as well as wide enough. This is why recliners remain one of the top choices for seniors, and they always have the most comfortable armrests.
- Adjustable Features – Recline function sofas are usually the most adjustable with recline functions and a footrest function. Some sofas enable you to adjust the set height, depth, and other features of the sofa.
- Budget – Not always the fun part, but keep your budget in mind. Sofas are expensive, but they are also a worthwhile investment for a loved one to keep them healthy and comfortable.
Reviews: The Best High Sofas for the Elderly
These are some of the best available high sofa brands and models that are ideal for the elderly;
- The Houston Motion sofa is another excellent design for seniors.
- It is 84x39x41 inches in size and height.
- The sofa has a leather cover and a pine wood frame with plywood.
- It has a thick foam padding for comfort.
- The upholstery is a soft and durable fabric.
- From RecPro, we have a small sofa that is ideal for small homes or Rv use.
- It has a higher seat for seniors and can also recline for their comfort.
- The sofa has a wall hugger design to save space and comes in a cloth or leather upholstery option.
- It is very durable and resistant to wear and tear.
- The Homall sofa is a higher sofa design for seniors.
- The sofa comes in a few neutral colors to suit any home décor.
- It has a High-quality Pu leather coating that is easy to wipe clean.
- The sofa also has a footrest and recline function for your convenience.
- The Serta Palisade sofa for seniors has a higher design of 33x77x36 inches in size.
- It is a double sofa for an elderly couple or a single person.
- The sofa has a quality hardwood frame and high-density foam padding.
- It is covered with a poly-fiber cover that is durable and available in more colors.
- The Magic Union Sofa for seniors has a recline and power lift function.
- The power lift function will help an elderly person to get in and out of the sofa easily.
- The recline function and footrest offers comfort and support.
- It has a leather cover that is easy to clean and maintain.
- From GDF studio, we have a more stylish Elizabeth Tufted sofa for seniors.
- It is an exquisite piece for your home that also comes in more colors.
- The sofa has a higher seat height at 34.75x28x41.25 inches.
- The sofa is not a recliner and is stationary.
- It is much more of a decorative piece and will look ideal in a senior’s home.
- Besides, it is also functional and easy to get in and out of my seniors.
- It is padded and has a soft fabric upholstery cover.
- From Superella, we have a modern high chair for seniors.
- The Chair has an anti-rust steel frame and cushioned seat and back.
- There is a curved back and soft armrests.
- The chair has a classic and elegant design for your home.
- From Christopher Knight, we have a stunning club chair design for seniors.
- It is fully padded and comes in neutral colors.
- The chair has a high and comfortable back and a wide seat.
- It has durable polyester upholstery in neutral colors.
- The Canmov Chair is a Comfortable Lift chair for seniors.
- This lifting functions help you to get in and out of the chair easily.,
- The chair is comfortably cushioned and padded with removable and washable covers.
- It is a recliner with automatic functionality.
- The HomCom Chair is perfect for an elderly person.
- It blends style and comfort all in one chair.
- The chair reclines and swivels’ and also has an elevating leg rest,
- The upholstery is comfortable and breathable in a linen touch polyester.
Index Table: Top Rated High Sofas for the Elderly
|1||Houston Motion Contrast Stitch - High Sofa for the Elderly||Houston Motion||97.2|
|2||RecPro Charles Collection - High Sofa for the Elderly||RecPro||97.8|
|3||Homall Single - High Sofa for the Elderly||Homall||98|
|4||Serta Palisades - High Sofa for Seniors||Serta||97.9|
|5||Magic Union Powerlift - High Couches for Seniors||Magic Union||96|
|6||GDF Elizabeth - High Seat Sofa for Elderly||GDF||96.5|
|7||Superrella Modern - High Seat Sofas for Elderly||Superrella||97.5|
|8||Christopher Knight Sofa - Best Sofa for Elderly||Christopher Knight||97.5|
|9||Canmov Powerlift - High Sofa for the Elderly||Canmov||97.5|
|10||HomCom Wingback - Rocking Sofa For Seniors||HomCom||97.5|
Table of Contents
- Advantages of a High Sofa for the Elderly
- Choosing a Good High Sofa for Seniors
- Features of a Good High Sofa for the Elderly
- Reviews: The Best High Sofas for the Elderly
- Houston Motion® Contrast Stitch High Sofa for the Elderly
- RecPro® Charles Collection High Sofa for the Elderly
- Homall® Single High Sofa for the Elderly
- Serta® Palisades High Sofa for Seniors
- Magic Union® Powerlift High Couches for Seniors
- GDF® Elizabeth High Seat Sofa for Elderly
- Superrella® Modern High Seat Sofas for Elderly
- Christopher Knight® Sofa Best Sofa for Elderly
- Canmov® Powerlift High Sofa for the Elderly
- HomCom® Wingback Rocking Sofa For Seniors
- Index Table: Top Rated High Sofas for the Elderly