There is nothing better than spending family dinners, breakfast, and even lunches together around a table. Everyone sitting comfortably, even grandparents.
But most eating chairs are not very comfortable for older persons, that is why we want to help you find the best eating chairs with arms for the elderly, to accommodate a loved one in your home.
Why You Need the Best Eating Chair with Arms for the Elderly
Eating together creates strong family bonds and is a very enjoyable experience. Although with elderly persons in your home, it may not be as easy for them.
It may be comfortable and easy for you to sit on and get in and out of a dining chair or kitchen chair, but not so much for a senior individual who struggles with strength, balance, and mobility.
This is especially true for chairs with no armrests, as an armrest forms a vital part of the chair for a senior to hold on to find their balance and comfortably rest their arms on.
A higher design chair is always easier to get in and out of, with some cushioning as most seniors may find it hard to sit on a hard chair, and the armrests vital for support and comfort.
What to Look for in an Eating Chair for the Elderly
When improving your home or a home for elderly persons, a family member or caretaker also needs to consider a proper eating chair with armrests that are comfortable and easy to get in and out of.
The Chair will need to;
- 1. Support the individual’s weight properly.
- 2. Have a proper backrest and armrests that can bear weight properly.
- 3. have a stable design that is sturdy and will not tip over easily.
- 4. May have adjustable features such as height, leg,s, and seat.
- 5.Have non-slip feet.
- 6. Is an easy-to-clean design.
- 7. Has a comfortable seat to sit on.
- Size – You will need to consider the location and space you have available to get a chair that is the right size and fit for the area you have available.
- Color – If the elderly person has poor vision, a more brightly colored chair can help them to find their way around the chair easily.
- Sturdy – The Chair needs to be solid and sturdy and not tip over with the weight of the elderly person.
- What to Avoid – Bar chairs and saddle types seats are uncomfortable and unsafe, and an elderly person can easily slip off of them and fall.
Features of a Good Eating Chair with Arms for the Elderly
- Durability and Sturdiness – The chair needs to have a sturdy frame and durable materials such as metal, wood or plastic that is thick and good quality. The design should also not be too heavy as you still want to be able to move it around and lift it with ease, to pull it closer and further from the dining table.
- Comfort – Look for a chair with a comfortable padded seat that maybe has a water-resistant cover or lining for easy cleanup. Most seats will be foam or spring cushioned for comfort with a vinyl or faux leather upholstery that is easy to clean, and there are also some fabric upholstery options.
- Seat Width – The seat itself needs to be wide enough for extra wiggling space as a tight seat will be very uncomfortable.
- Weight Capacity – The chair needs to be able to hold the weight of the elderly person. A heavier chair is generally harder to move, so a more lightweight chair will be ideal. Most dining chairs can have a weight capacity of around 250 to 300lbs.
Reviews: The Best Eating Chairs with Arms for the Elderly
Here are some of our top Choices in eating Chairs for elderly individuals;
- This is a lovely and stylish eating chair from Beechwood Mountian that is ideal for an elderly person.
- The chair has a Beachwood frame and a cushioned seat.
- There are full armrests, and the chair comes fully assembled.
- The seat is 18 inches by 20 inches, and the seat from the floor is 18 inches.
- The set is cushioned with a classic neutral boucle fabric.
- The Nobpeint mid-century dining side chair is also ideal for elderly persons.
- It has a walnut wood frame with armrests.
- There is a faux leather cushioned seat for comfort and easy cleaning.
- The chair has overall dimensions of 23″*21″*32.7″,Seat Height: 18.2″,Seat Width: 18.5″, and Seat Depth: 16.6″.
- The compact design is sturdy but also easy to move around by seniors.
- The Boss Captain’s chair is a versatile eating and office chair for seniors.
- The chair has a classic and traditional style with a no sag spring cushioned seat.
- The frame is a very sturdy hardwood, and there are armrests.
- The seat has a black vinyl cover that is very easy to clean.
- From Yaheetech, we have two sets of kitchen and dining chairs that are a great design for an elderly person.
- The chair has a sturdy and durable frame that is solid metal.
- There is a good quality foam seat and backing with a soft fabric cover.
- The chair comes as part of a set of two chairs, and there are more colors available.
- The Christopher Knight Hon=me Carolina dining chair has a perfect design for a senior person.
- The chair has dimensions of 22 ”D x 23.50 ”W x 40 ”H – Seat dimensions: 16.75 ”D x 20 ”W x 20.25 ”H, and armrests that are 28.50 ”H in height.
- You get one chair that has a wood frame and cushioned seat with an upholstered velvet fabric cover.
- You will not need to assemble as the chair comes already fully assembled.
- The XSJ chair for seniors fits well as a dining or kitchen chair.
- It is a neutral brown color and stylish design for your dining room.
- The chair has a higher back and armrests ideal for seniors.
- The frame is solid wood, and there is a high-density spongy seat with a softcover.
- The chair has a curved and ergonomic design for comfort and support.
Index Table: Top Rated Eating Chairs with Arms for the Elderly
|1||Beechwood Mountain - Eating Chair with Arms for Elderly||Beechwood||98|
|2||Nobpeint Mid-Century - Eating Chair with Arms for Seniors||Nobpeint||97.9|
|3||Boss Office Products Vinyl - Eating Chair with Arms for Seniors||Boss Office Products||97.4|
|4||Yaheetech Restaurant - Eating Chair with Arms for the Elderly||Yaheetech||97.7|
|5||Christopher Knight Carolina - Eating Chair with Arms for Seniors||Christopher Knight||97.3|
|6||XSJ Chairs - Eating Chair with Arms for the Elderly||XSJ Chairs||97.5|
Table of Contents
- Why You Need the Best Eating Chair with Arms for the Elderly
- What to Look for in an Eating Chair for the Elderly
- Features of a Good Eating Chair with Arms for the Elderly
- Reviews: The Best Eating Chairs with Arms for the Elderly
- Beechwood® Mountain Eating Chair with Arms for Elderly
- Nobpeint® Mid-Century Eating Chair with Arms for Seniors
- Boss Office Products® Vinyl Eating Chair with Arms for Seniors
- Yaheetech® Restaurant Eating Chair with Arms for the Elderly
- Christopher Knight® Carolina Eating Chair with Arms for Seniors
- XSJ Chairs® Eating Chair with Arms for the Elderly
- Index Table: Top Rated Eating Chairs with Arms for the Elderly