We all benefit greatly from breathing clean and allergen-free air. Yet high-quality clean air is so much more beneficial for older persons.
The best air purifier for the elderly can help you achieve pure, clean, and allergen-free air that is excellent for your health and may help with allergies and lung conditions.
What Does an Air Purifier Actually Do
I know too many of us the concept of an air purifier is quite new, and we may be asking why you actually need it and what its purpose is?
Well, an air purifier removes microscopic particles from the air that can be harmful to your health, if you put it plainly.
An air purifier can remove anything from allergens, pathogens, mold, fungi, dust, radon gas levels, smoke, and other pollutants.
However, for the removal of gases, you will need an activated carbon filter, while for the removal of more solid particles, a HEPA filter is required.
Why do Seniors Need Better Quality Air
Let us face it, we can all benefit from cleaner air, and seniors even more so;
- Air Quality Affects Your Memory and Cognition – Being exposed to high levels of pollution consistently can reduce cognitive functions and can also trigger Alzheimer’s.
- Low-Quality Air can Shorten Your Lifespan – Low-Quality air is responsible for more than 4.2 million deaths a year, and most of the population lives in places where there is poor air quality.
- Air Purifiers Lower Illness Transmission – Airborne Illnesses and allergens are removed by an air purifier, keeping you safe and healthy.
- Air Purifiers Reduces Respiratory Issues – By removing pollutants and allergens in the air, an air purifier creates cleaner air that is healthier, reducing respiratory issues in seniors.
Features of a Good Air Purifier for the Elderly
- Coverage – When you choose a new air purifier, you need to decide what sized area it needs to cover to clean air. Measure the size of the area, and then make sure to look for an air purifier that will cover a similar-sized room or area.
- HEPA Filter – an air purifier with a HEPA filter works wonders against solid airborne particles such as dust and allergens, as well as most pollutants, except gases. An air purifier with a HEPA filter will remove impurities, odors, allergens, and dust from the air and clean the air.
- Portability – You get a few designs of air purifiers, from large stationary purifiers wall mounted purifiers and to smaller portable ones. So you will need to ensure that you get what meets your needs best. If you want something that you can move from room to room during the day to use in different areas of your home, it is best to opt for a smaller portable design.
- Warranty – Any good electrical appliance in general comes with a good warranty. The longer the warranty, the better it is for the consumer. Thus look for an air purifier with a proper warranty, especially if you invest in a more expensive design. One to Two years for a warranty is usually the norm.
- Remote Control – This may sound superfluous, but many seniors may struggle with issues such as arthritis and other conditions that may affect their movement. Thus, the remote control can be quite handy to control and operate their air purifier as needed.
Reviews: The Best Air Purifiers for the Elderly
Listed below are some of the best brands and models in air purifiers that are absolutely perfect for seniors and elderly persons;
The Levoit air purifier for seniors is s smart design that is WIFI operated and has odor and allergy eliminators.
- The Air Purifier can be voice-operated and commanded and works with Alexa and Wifi.
- You can use your phone or mobile device to operate the Purifier easily.
- It has HEPA Filter and Pre-Filter with a 30% higher purifying speed.
- It can clean a room of up to 900 square feet on its maximum setting.
The Winix air purifier has a HEPA filter and excellent odor-reducing properties.
- This is a Carbon Filter Air Purifier ideal for gases and Fumes, such as smoke and other pollutants.
- A PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter that safely breaks down all allergens, chemical vapors, and pollutants.
- A smart sensor gauges the air, and the auto mode adjusts the fan and filter as needed.
- The CADR is rated for 360 square feet of room coverage,
- Ideal for medium and smaller rooms.
TaoTronics has a HEPA Air Purifier that comes with a night light and can be placed on a desktop or bedside table.
- This is a portable desktop design air purifier.
- It is a three-stage HEPA air filtration system with a pre-filter and activated carbon filter.
- It cleans air all around and traps dust, allergens, smoke, odors, and impurities.
- The air purifier operates smoothly and quietly.
- Very safe for kids and easy to use by seniors’ persons.
The Hathaspace Smart True air purifier for seniors can cover a large space or area in your home and is excellent to remove allergens and odors.
- This is a five in one purifier with a HEPA filter,
- It removes allergens, odors, dust, smoke, and VOCs effective from the air.
- It uses smart sensors and has an Auto mode to adjust fans as needed,
- It also comes with a two-year warranty for quality.
The Mooka Air Purifier is a three-in-one design that eliminates odors, fights allergens, and purifies the air in a medium to a small room or office space.
- A true HEPA air purifier that filters out 99.97 % of pollutants.
- It is an environmentally friendly air purifier with a three-stage filtration system and a pre-filter,
- It can take in 360 degrees of air and is quiet in operation.
- The design is also energy-saving and easy to use.
From Winix, we have a smart-operated air purifier for seniors that can be used in conjunction with Alexa or a smart device. It also covers a 360 square feet area room.
- A HEPA filter air purifier,
- It uses plasma wave technology and safely breaks apart allergens, odors, and pollutants.
- It covers a room of around 360 square feet.
- This is a smart-operated air purifier that works with Alexa voice commands.
The Honeywell HEPA purifier covers a large area and is excellent at removing all allergens from the air.
- A large room coverage air purifier that can cover up to 310 square feet.
- It has a HEPA filter and allergen remover.
- The operation is smooth and quiet with four cleaning levels.
- It removes germs, allergens, and odors and has a general clean and turbo clean setting.
- The TruSens air purifier is perfect for seniors.
- It captures and destroys all pollutants and purifies the air.
- Perfect for pet hairs, dust, and smoke.
- It is also available in many options.
- The Himmox Air Purifier is safe and easy to use for an older person.
- It is whisper quiet and effectively purifies the air.
- There are indicator buttons that are easy to use and see.
- It is also an energy-saving design.
- From ComfortZone, we have a HEPA filter air purifier.
- You can easily operate it using an APP on your mobile device or the machine itself.
- It removes all air pollutants and has a long slating Filtration system.
- Easy to use by seniors.
- The Levoit Air Purifier is top class for elderly individuals and adults.
- It comes in three color options and a round elegant shape.
- The purifier has a HEAP filter.
- It also eliminates odors, smoke, and pet allergens.
Index Table: Top Rated Air Purifiers for Seniors
|1||Levoit Smart - Air Purifier for Seniors||Levoit||98.2|
|2||Winix 5500-2 - Air Purifier for Elderly||Winix||98.1|
|3||TaoTronics HEPA - Senior’s Air Purifier||TaoTronics||97.7|
|4||Hathaspace Smart True - Air Purifier for Seniors||Hathaspace||96.7|
|5||Mooka Home - Three in One Air Purifier for Elderly Persons||Mooka||97.5|
|6||Winix AM90 - Senior’s Air Purifier||Winix||97.5|
|7||Honeywell HPA200 - Senior’s Air Purifier||Honeywell||97.2|
|8||TruSens Pure - Air Purifier for Older Person||TruSens||97.7|
|9||Himox Smart - Air Purifier for Seniors||Himox||97.2|
|10||Comfort Zone Clean - Air Purifier for Older Person||Comfort Zone||97|
|11||Levoit Home - Air Purifier for Seniors with Allergies||Levoit||97.5|
Table of Contents
- What Does an Air Purifier Actually Do
- Why do Seniors Need Better Quality Air
- Features of a Good Air Purifier for the Elderly
- Reviews: The Best Air Purifiers for the Elderly
- Levoit® Smart Air Purifier for Seniors
- Winix® 5500-2 Air Purifier for Elderly
- TaoTronics® HEPA Senior’s Air Purifier
- Hathaspace® Smart True Air Purifier for Seniors
- Mooka® Home Three in One Air Purifier for Elderly Persons
- Winix® AM90 Senior’s Air Purifier
- Honeywell® HPA200 Senior’s Air Purifier
- TruSens® Pure Air Purifier for Older Person
- Himox® Smart Air Purifier for Seniors
- Comfort Zone® Clean Air Purifier for Older Person
- Levoit® Home Air Purifier for Seniors with Allergies
- Index Table: Top Rated Air Purifiers for Seniors