A Telephone for Hearing Impaired seniors is a special device that provides you with a means to communicate with family and loved ones that is easy and effective when you cannot hear properly.
This article looks at some excellent designs and phone models that will help you communicate when you struggle to hear.
Phones for Hearing Impaired
Eventually, almost everyone at some stage will suffer from hearing impairment, and this is where a hearing-impaired telephone can come in quite handy.
When you start asking friends and family to repeat themselves over the phone, or if your phone is on maximum volume and you still struggle to hear or hear it ringing, it may be time for a specialized phone for the hard of hearing.
Hearing Impaired phones are not just for the elderly but also for persons who are deaf or have communication disorders from a very young age.
The Basic function of a Hearing-Impaired phone is to amplify volumes of ringing and talk, although some come with other features that are also quite impressive, such as speech to text and vice versa.
Tips on Choosing a Phone for Seniors
Here are a few tips on choosing the best phones if you struggle with hearing;
- Easy To Read – Many seniors also have trouble seeing, and therefore, a phone for seniors need to have a clear and large display with larger prints and fonts on the buttons and screens.
- Good Audio – The main purpose behind a Hearing-Impaired for seniors is to amplify sounds. Therefore the phone needs to allow for volume amplification and must have good voice quality. Also, look for a hearing aid compatible phone for seniors with hearing aids.
- Easy Handling – This is an important factor for seniors. The phone needs to be in a shape and design that is easy to grip by fragile elderly hands, and the buttons and dials need to be easy to operate.
- Simplicity – Lastly and most important, in simplicity lies the beauty. Elderly persons are not able to operate intricate and highly technical phones. Many older persons are new to the more advanced technologies and cannot learn or remember the new techniques. Therefore keep the device as simple and easy to use as possible.
Features of a Good Phone for Hearing Impaired Seniors
- Visibilty – Any phone for an elderly adult should also accommodate for poor sight. A Clear and visible LCD screen and buttons, or picture option buttons are always ideal. Some phones also come with text to speech and speech to text options for those who need it., clearly displayed on a screen.
- Sound Adjustability – Amplified capable phones will come with sound adjustability for Voice and ringing up to 50dl for vice and 100db for ringing. Noise reduction technology is also ideal.
- Other Features – The phone can be corded or cordless with a charging bank. Caller ID and answering service with clear messaging and backlit LCD screen display are just some added features you can look forward to.
Reviews: The Best Phones for Hearing Impaired Seniors
If you struggle with hearing as a senior person, look no further than our top list of Cordede and Cordless Phones for Hearing Impairment;
The Amplified Cordless phone from Panasonic is ideal for seniors who have difficulty heating.
- There are a Volume boost control and Amplified Caller Voice volume up to 50db.
- You also have a slow talk speech option in real-time when checking voice messages.
- There is a large Backlit LCD screen with are memory buttons and enhanced visibility design.
- The Phone comes with a Power Back UP, speaker Phone, Caller ID, and a talking Keypad and phone book.
The Hamilton Cap Tel is a Captioned Large Touch Screen Phone for Older Persons.
- The Easy read large Touch Screen display is ideal for seniors who have a problem seeing clearly.
- There is also a Volume booster and Built-In answering machine.
- Caller ID Capable, and there are Captions available with the push of a button.
- The phone is Wifi and ethernet capable and comes with all the cables you need.
The Clarity XLC3.4+ is ideal for seniors who have severe hearing loss.
- The amplified volume can go up to 50dn for better hearing.
- There are also adjustable ringer volume settings and a loud and clear speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- The Phone is cordless and very simple to use.
- The display is clear and visible for elderly persons.
The Vtech SN5127 is an Amplified and Cordless phone for seniors who struggle to her properly.
- There is a 1000 name and number smart call block directory.
- The 50db audio assist function temporarily increases volumes and enhances sound frequencies for easy-to-understand speech.
- There are Photo dial display options and large buttons for visibility.
- The phone is straightforward and comfortable to use, with a 90db ringer volume.
Another superb addition from Panasonic is its Expandable Cordless Noise Reduction Phone.
- The display is large and backlit with a large keypad that allows older persons with poor vision to see much easier and clearer.
- There is enhanced transmission quality with an improved range and security.
- Talking Caller ID is available, and text-to-speech technology makes it easier for seniors to communicate and know who is calling them beforehand.
- There is also optimal noise reduction technology for better hearing, as background noises can be confusing and can affect the quality of sounds and voices on the phone.
The Alto Plus from Clarity offers an Amplified Corded phone with a Circuit City Microfiber Cleaning Cloth.
- The Phone is corded and comes with a one-year warranty for quality purposes and ease of use.
- There is an Amplified call volume up to 53db and an amplified ringer volume up to 100db.
- The large buttons are easy to see, as well as illuminated for persons who have poor vision.
- The Tone control settings allow you t adjust the amplifier to a clear and bearable volume for you personally.
- The IsoHo phone is designed specifically for seniors that are hearing impaired.
- It is lightweight and has huge numbers.
- There are adjustable volume controls and a very large ringer.
- The phone has a retro vintage design.
- The Jekavis is another great phone option for hard-of-hearing elderly individuals.
- It has large numbers and amplified volume with volume controls.
- The phone has a two-touch speed dial function and can store nine numbers.
- The phone is corded with an anti-slip design.
- The Latnex is an EMF protection phone for seniors.
- It is ideal for the hearing impaired and has a comfortable and convenient design.
- The phone works well with home telephone jacks and has an impressive design.
- The sound is loud and clear.
- From JacksPhone, we have a phone for hard of hearing seniors.
- It has large buttons that are easy to see.
- There is a hands-free speakerphone.
- The sound is loud and amplified.
Index Table: Top Rated Phones for Hearing Impaired Seniors
|1||Panasonic Amplified Cordless - Senior’s Phone for Hearing Impaired||Panasonic||97.8|
|2||Hamilton CapTel 2400i - Phone for Hearing Impaired for Senior Persons||Hamilton||97.3|
|3||Clarity XLC3.4+ - Seniors Phone for Hearing Impaired||Clarity||96.8|
|4||VTech SN5127 - Phone for Hearing Impaired for Older Persons||VTech||96.8|
|5||Panasonic Expandable Cordless - Phone for Hearing Impaired for Senior Individuals||Panasonic||96.5|
|6||Clarity Alto Plus - Phone for Hearing Impaired for Seniors||Clarity||95.5|
|7||iSoHo Corded - Phone for Hearing Impaired Senior||iSoHo||94.5|
|8||JeKaVis J-P45 - Phone for Hearing Impaired||JeKaVis||97.5|
|9||Latnex EMF - Phone for Hearing Impaired Senior||Latnex||96.9|
|10||JaxFone Big Button - Phone for Hearing Impaired||JaxFone||97|
Table of Contents
- Phones for Hearing Impaired
- Tips on Choosing a Phone for Seniors
- Features of a Good Phone for Hearing Impaired Seniors
- Reviews: The Best Phones for Hearing Impaired Seniors
- Panasonic® Amplified Cordless Senior’s Phone for Hearing Impaired
- Hamilton® CapTel 2400i Phone for Hearing Impaired for Senior Persons
- Clarity® XLC3.4+ Seniors Phone for Hearing Impaired
- VTech® SN5127 Phone for Hearing Impaired for Older Persons
- Panasonic® Expandable Cordless Phone for Hearing Impaired for Senior Individuals
- Clarity® Alto Plus Phone for Hearing Impaired for Seniors
- iSoHo® Corded Phone for Hearing Impaired Senior
- JeKaVis® J-P45 Phone for Hearing Impaired
- Latnex® EMF Phone for Hearing Impaired Senior
- JaxFone® Big Button Phone for Hearing Impaired
- Index Table: Top Rated Phones for Hearing Impaired Seniors