Unfortunately, aging is inevitable, but you sure can hack your way around, always looking neat, presentable, and handsome.
A good razor in this regard can do precisely that, even if you are an older gent. There are some excellent options in electric razors, which make the process quick and simple.
Issues Older Men Face with Shaving
When you age, the condition and structure of your skin change drastically. That and some other issues can make it a challenge for older men to get a good and clean shave;
- Frail and Sensitive Skin – As you age, your skin becomes much thinner and more frail and sensitive. Older skins are also much less firm and can be dry, complicating the shaving process. Shaving on this type of skin with the wrong razor can cause uneven hair removable, nicks and cuts, and even skin infections.
- Parkinson’s and other Immobilizing Conditions – Besides the skin condition and thinning, many older men find it difficult to properly grip a razor because of conditions that cause immobility and weakness. Parkinson’s affects the ability to coordinate fine movements, and Alzheimer’s impairs judgment, where hygienic processes cannot be followed. Both these conditions are predominant in seniors, affecting the shaving routine.
- Weaker Grip – Lastly, a weaker grip can easily cause the razor to be dropped or cuts and nicks. Therefore a durable and high grip handle comes highly recommended in razors for older men.
Why Use an Electric Razor
One of the best options to get a safe, easy, and clean shave for older men is to use an electric razor, which has many benefits for senior gents;
- Corder, Battery, or Rechargeable Powered – The Electric razor comes in three options, either corded using electricity, Battery operated, or a rechargeable design using a charging dock. Many chargeable electric razors have a charging dock that does not just charge but also automatically cleans the razor for much less hassle.
- Motor Functionality – The electric razor’s motor functionality needs to be adjustable in intensity and speed for older gents. This helps them have extra control and aids in shaving gently over sensitive areas.
- Wet and Dry – Most electric razors have a wet and dry option and are waterproof, making them ideal to use in the bath or shower.
- Trimming – Many electric razor models also come fully equipped with a trimmer for longer hair, giving the older man an all-in-one option with less to worry about.
- Flexible Head – The electric razor’s flexible head is ideal for dry, sensitive, and even loose aged skin as it creates better cutting angles and is easier to control.
- Better Grip and Less Work – Most electric razors for older men have an improved non-slip grip design that is easier to hole with frail hands. Because the electric razor does most of the work for you, there is less effort and handling involved.
Features of a Good Electric Razors for Elderly Men
- Must have long-lasting blades, with foil for sensitive skins.
- A pivoting head that gives a closer shave at all angles.
- Removable design for older hands.
- Cordless, corded, or battery operated.
- Automatic self-cleaning on the charging dock.
- Micro comb technology to capture more hair.
- Additional trimmer for trimming hair and beards.
- Skin guards to protect you against Nicks and Cuts.
Reviews: The Best Electric Razor for Elderly Men
Below are some of the best available Electric Razors which are idyllic for elderly men;
The Panasonic Arc 5 is the all-in-one solution for trimming and shaving for older gents.
- A five-blade electric shaver with a trimmer option as well.
- Rechargeable design.
- It has a Wet-and-Dry shave option to choose from.
- LCD battery indicator and a Premium automatic cleaning and charging station.
- Multi-Flex Pivoting head for hard-to-reach areas and an ergonomic handle.
The Philips Norelco Shave is a Wet and Dry Electric razor with an additional Cleaning brush.
- Over a close shave with three different setting options.
- Every shaving head moves independently for hard-to-reach curves and areas.
- The attached facial cleansing brush is gentle on the skin.
- AmartCleaningging system that automatically cleans your razor.
- Ergonomic handle and lithium battery operated.
A Portable Foil design Electric Razor is ideal for elderly gents, from Braun, a top electronic brand.
- Features intelligent Sonic technology that automatically increases power while shaving difficult areas and denser hair.
- Included ActiLift trimmer that captures flat-lying hairs and problem areas.
- Optifoil cuts hairs are as short as 0.005mm for the closest shave possible.
- Waterproof design with an easy cleaning and charging station.
The Wahl Professional 5 Star series is the perfect electric razor for older men who require a much closer shave.
- This one is a very powerful shaver for an incredibly close shave.
- The Gold Foil is hypoallergenic and ideal for sensitive skin.
- Professional design and elegance.
- All accessories for use are included.
- Reachargeable batteries are included.
A top-class luxury cordless electric razor that is perfect for the older gent.
- There are three pressure-sensitive shaving elements of efficiency and skin comfort.
- A specialized micro comb to capture more hair with every stroke,
- It comes with two rechargeable long-life batteries included.
- Wet and Dry shave design with foil.
- Waterproof up to 5 meters.
This is the Braun electric Razor’s latest series that comes with a travel pouch and charging and cleaning station included.
- One of the most efficient electric razors that you will find.
- Five shaving elements that are gentle on the skin and more effective.
- Ideal for wet or dry use.
- It comes with a charging and automatic cleaning station.
- Portable design complete with a storage bag.
- The handle is ergonomic, and the razor is very easy to use for older men.
Everything you need in an electric razor that comes with a trimmer as well as a corded and cordless use option.
- The razor offers you painless and close shaving experiences.
- It has low noise and a hypoallergenic design with a 3D rotary close shaving powerful motor.
- There is a pop-up trimmer added for trimming the beard and sideburns.
- It also comes with a battery countdown and a smart safety lock.
- It is safe to use wet or dry and charges within 1 hour.
From the top brand Braun, we have their rechargeable Foil shaver that operates wet and dry.
- Braun is a very well now and trusted brand in electronic devices.
- Their electric razor offers a 3 pressure-sensitive shaving element for skin comfort and efficiency.
- It has a specialized micro comb that captures more hair in each stroke.
- It comes with two rechargeable long-life batteries.
- This is also a wet and dry shaver that can be used with water, foam, or gel.
The Roaman Electric shaver is a wet and dry design with a 3D rotary design and a pop-up beard trimmer for senior men.
- The Roaman Electric Shaver is a wet and dry shaver that allows you to use foam, gel, and water.
- It is corded and cordless operated with a quick 1-hour charging time on a USB charger.
- It ensures 3D rotary close shaving that is painless and hypoallergenic.
- There are a smart safety lock and a battery LCD screen that shows you how much battery you have left.
The Wahl Flex design is ideal for older gents in which the skin is not so supple anymore, as it flexes much more easily and glides smoothly across your face.
- Wahl is another brand that we all know, and rightfully so.
- Their Flex Shaver is a foil electric shaver with three heads and three different shaving options for a comfortable and clean shave.
- There is a sensitive setting to reduce friction and irritation.
- The Ultra Clean setting offers you a very smooth and closes shave.
- There is also an additional pop-up trimmer for trimming your beard and sideburns.
Index Table: Top Rated Electric Razor for Elderly Men
|1||Panasonic Arc5 - Electric Razor for Older Men||Panasonic||98.7|
|2||Philips Norelco - Electric Razor for the Elderly Man||Philips||97|
|3||Braun Series 7 790cc - Older Men Electric Razor||Braun||96|
|4||Wahl Professional 5 Star Series - Electric Razor for Older Men||Wahl||98|
|5||Braun ProSkin 3040 - Electric Razor for Elderly Men||Braun||98|
|6||Braun Series 9 9390CC - Electric Razor for Elderly Men||Braun||98|
|7||Max-T Store Corded - Electric Razor for Seniors||Max-T Store||96.5|
|8||Braun Electric - Electric Razor for Seniors||Braun||96.8|
|9||Roaman 3D Ritary - Wet and Dry Electric Razor for Seniors||Roaman||96.8|
|10||Wahl Flex - Electric Razor for Seniors||Wahl||97|
Table of Contents
- Issues Older Men Face with Shaving
- Why Use an Electric Razor
- Features of a Good Electric Razors for Elderly Men
- Reviews: The Best Electric Razor for Elderly Men
- Panasonic® Arc5 Electric Razor for Older Men
- Philips® Norelco Electric Razor for the Elderly Man
- Braun® Series 7 790cc Older Men Electric Razor
- Wahl® Professional 5 Star Series Electric Razor for Older Men
- Braun® ProSkin 3040 Electric Razor for Elderly Men
- Braun® Series 9 9390CC Electric Razor for Elderly Men
- Max-T Store® Corded Electric Razor for Seniors
- Braun® Electric Electric Razor for Seniors
- Roaman® 3D Ritary Wet and Dry Electric Razor for Seniors
- Wahl® Flex Electric Razor for Seniors
- Index Table: Top Rated Electric Razor for Elderly Men